The Save 2nd Base Scholarship Award
To be eligible for the Save 2nd Base Scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be a graduating, high school senior athlete;
- Plan to attend an accredited and approved four-year college or university within the United States;
- Have a mother who passed away from any form of cancer;
- Show leadership potential;
- Be a United States citizen;
- Not possess a degree from a 2 or 4-year college when applying for the scholarship.
The required components of a Kelly Rooney Memorial Scholarship application are:
- A completed and submitted online
which includes personal essay, extracurricular activities, academic honors,
etc.. Application to be posted soon.
- One (1) letter of recommendation from athletic coach, guidance counselor or other teacher;
- Official high school transcript
- Copy of deceased mother’s death certificate
Please submit completed applications to the address listed below. Also
include copies of letters of recommendation, high school transcript
and deceased mother’s death certificate.
Please include full name on all materials mailed.
Save 2nd Base™
330 Echo Valley Lane
Newtown Square, PA 19073